Thank you for your interest in joining Lavender Counselling. We are currently hiring for a Postgraduate Fellow. This position is suitable for candidates with less than 5 years of clinical experience.
Postgraduate Counselling Fellowship
Lavender Counselling is hiring a clinician to fill our Postgraduate Counselling Fellowship position. We deliver psychotherapy to those experiencing the manifestations of complex trauma and PTSD and focus on attachment and work within a tri-phasic model of trauma treatment. We are a team of dedi- cated clinicians with a deep commitment to each other and our work.
Person Specification - You are
- A Counselling Therapist with outstanding interpersonal skills
- Empathic and respectfully aware of others
- Open to your own experiencing
- Willing to pay appropriate heed to clinical intuition and to be vulnerable
- Comfortable with relational intimacy
- Committed to genuineness (‘authenticity’ or ‘congruence’) in all human
interactions both personal and professional
- Open to exploring/learning how you are perceived by and how you af-
- Committed to working with the profound experience and challenges of an approach to counselling that views the counsellor-client relationship as a real, evolving, and a deeply intimate human relationship
- Seeking an appropriate humility coupled with a robust and compassionate sense of self worth
- A Registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC), a Registered Psychologist (R.Psych.), or a Registered Social Worker (MSW)
- Committed to regular professional support (supervision) and personal therapy as needed
- Available for full time work and do not hold a private practice or other em- ployment
- Ready to accept your share of the everyday housekeeping duties gener- ated by a communal office
- The capacity to meet every client with Unconditional Positive Regard (Non-judgmental compassion, prizing, and an absolute conviction that the client is best placed to determine the direction of their personal therapy and of their life as a whole)
- The recognition that when it comes to any individual, no matter how wounded, the only expert on them is themselves
- Intentionality—a proven capacity for reflexive thought and enquiry:
- Why am I taking this action?
- What is going on for me right now?
- How am I meeting and not meeting the client’s need of their therapist
in this moment?
- How does this benefit the client or the therapeutic relationship?
- The ability to use your own experiencing, and particularly your own, felt, bodily experiencing, as a part of your therapeutic interaction with your client.
- A theoretical understanding and clinical capability to work relationally with- in a tri-phasic model of trauma treatment
- A willingness to learn ethical decision making processes and to engage in stringent ethical practices and reflection
- Specialized training in EMDR, OEI, Sensorimotor, AEDP, mindfulness an asset but not required
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or with your CV to apply.
While we absolutely thank all those who apply, only selected applicants will be contacted.